Yesterday’s committee meeting minutes

See them on Google Docs or by

Meeting opened 2011-05-12 4:35PM.

Attending: Ash Tyndall, Paul Wright, Madge Carew-Hopkins, Megan Boylen, David Raithel, Jon Curtis, Boaz Shearer.
Apologies: Mitch Wellstead, Kristin Barry.
Absent: Joe McCormack.

Minutes by Ash.

President’s Report
– Ash does everything.

Vice-President’s Report
– No more shouting into the microphone.
– Objection by Madge. Objection noted.

Treasurer’s Report
– Absent.

Secretary’s Report
– Absent.

Fresher Rep’s Report
– Freshers are moderately happy.

Mail, Guild, SOC, Posters
– No one checked mail. Check the mail!

– Need SOC Meeting Rep.
–– Boaz assigned. Madge & Paul to remind him to go.

Current Action Items
– Everyone: Keep an eye out for Phillip Adams coming to WA.
–– Will do.

– Ash: Move stuff to guild webhosting, guild DNS and guild email (for mailing list).
–– Redundant, see general business.

– Ash: Email rest of committee about Google Apps.
–– Done.

– Ash: Send Kevin an email. WA Skeptics haven’t gotten back to us. Have they gotten back to you?
–– WA Skeptics said they would discuss our idea.

– Ash: Reply to Secular Party asking if they would like to do a talktorial. Go from there.
–– He’s coming this Monday!
–– Paul allocated to putting notices up at the Reid Library Cafe to tell people the talk will be in The Ref this one time.

– Ash: Allocate someone to video and YouTube the Faith Fair.
–– Make some pamphlets, sell some shirts.
–– Boaz to video the event with his sexy iPod Touch.
–– Tell PAC to make Facebook event.
–– Done.

– Ash: Get a dramatic pose of yourself (and the committee?) behind something sciency.
–– Madge says we should go to the Museum.

– Ash: Enquire with relevant person about setting up Lectopia recording for talktorials.
–– Done; they’re live at https://lectopia.uwa.edu.au/lectopia/lectopia.lasso?ut=3042.

– Ash: Like all the people listed.
–– Done.

– Ash: Remind people about A C Grayling event on Like page and mailing list.
–– Done.

– Daniel: Complain to venues about Zion Praise Harvest’s behavior.
–– Deferred.

– Daniel: Create Faith Fair pamphlet.
–– In Progress.

– David: Look into details “How to get unbaptised” event
–– Deferred; he has two weeks to live.
.
– David: WordPress banner design.
–– Deferred.

– Mitch: Give Daniel $75.
–– Guess who withdrew it? Not Mitch!
–– Paul gave the money to Daniel when we all forgot after withdrawing it. Paul commended for initiative.

– Paul: Look into different tav time.
–– Deferred.

New Action Items
– Ash: Report back about getting UCC webhosting.
– Ash: Write post about T-Shirts; must be picked up in a week.
– Ash: Upload talktorial to YouTube.

General Business
– Ash: Hypocracy and concerns about excluding Socialist Alternative from the Secular Party event
–– Discussed. Club committee needs to be more open to alternate views in the future.

– Ash: Potential for moving webhosting to UCC.
–– Action item.

– Ash: My estimations were wrong; club copying in color came to $29.64 :( Do we want to repeat the experience?
–– Go back to B&W copying. Still use UniPrint and print A3 initially.

– Ash: Lectopia! Lectopia! Lectopia!
–– We got it!

Meeting closed 2011-05-12 5:05PM.

Comments

Comments are currently closed.